Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.

I walked through campus today. Its in the mid-70s, the sun was shining and the grass was once again green. I wondered if I would miss it, if this beautiful campus held memories that I was walking away from... I wondered if I should be sad.  Turns out, I'm not. While I tried to bring on some feeling of sadness or regret, I just couldn't muster it.  I'm not sad. My ecstatic feelings are genuine. I'm ready to move on with life (!) and I couldn't be happier to be getting out of this place.  I almost forgot that the Whitworth I go to is not the Whitworth of sunshine and sunbathers (although I'm glad for this one... so tacky to be laying out in a swim suit in front of your DORM).  The Whitworth I attended (ooooh past tense) was cold, wet, and snowy and I hated every minute of weather. I think I would have been happier here, had the sun been shining through the trees everyday like it did today, and like it will this weekend. 
I'm glad the sun came out for our send off.  I want to leave on a good note, and I want to look back on my college experience as worthwhile. I sometimes forget that I'm graduating- that I've completed a feat. I've been so preoccupied with getting out of here that I forgot to remember I did something and I did it well.  I'm looking forward to being successful in something I actually enjoy. 
I'm sorry for everyone that this month is Jenna month. I know I take up time, weekend after weekend dedicated to me, myself and I.  
I have so many things to be thankful for, and look forward to, I think graduation is just last on my list. Quite frankly, I'm dreading the actual ceremony.

No comments: