Monday, April 14, 2008

Tomorrow is my birthday.

And I think a lot of people have forgotten. Oh, well I suppose I've almost forgotten as well.  With all the other things going in my life, I don't really have time to celebrate a birthday. 
Yesterday was a beautiful day that reached 82 degrees. It was perfect. Today, it rains, ruining the happiness that was yesterday. 
I just feel down these days, I think its because I hate what I'm doing with my life. I'm really unhappy with school, especially this semester. I'm having a difficult time finding the motivation to do schoolwork when I find so much joy in doing other things.  I know a lot of people have problems finding motivation, but I really feel like I hate it.  Its not like I just want to sit around, but I don't feel like I'm learning anything from most of my classes. I have the hardest time writing poems and essays on policy that I don't even believe in, and its driving me insane. I know I should just suck it up and get through it, but I feel like I would rather cut off my little toe.  Really. I know I say this at the end of every year, but I honestly would prefer to make that deal with someone. Maybe I should toss it around in the English department and see how it goes. 
If only the sun would come out, then maybe I would feel a little better. Perhaps I have SAD. Or perhaps I'm just tired from waking up at 5, and have no energy for anything else. 
The end is so near, I just need to stick it out and hope for the best. 

1 comment:

Laura said...

I didn't forget about your birthday, sister! However, I haven't put your card, your check or ordered the swimsuit yet. BUT I WILL! Sorry, I am running behind because my dog chewed my laptop cord, so my laptop was dead this weekend! I hope you have a wondeful birthday tomorrow!!