Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hope

I'm not generally a hopeful person. I 'm not a doomsdayer either, but I'd like to believe I'm realistic.  I told my dad over and over again that Obama would be our next president and knew that we had no hope. And here it is (well, weeks later...).  Honestly, I couldn't write about it before this.  I've seen so many people shedding tears of happiness, and I've read blogs where people discuss hope and a new future, and I just don't see it.  It almost pains me to see these things- I feel like people are delusional in a way.  While I haven't lived a very long life, and I've barely been around for any important elections, this one didn't feel as pivotal to me as it does to the rest of the American population.  A person with darker skin was running. Great. He's not really African American, but that doesn't really matter anyway.  
I hate to say these things, but a respected friend once told me she could feel evil in people. At the time I wasn't sure I believed her. But I see evil in Obama ("Obama's gonna change the wooooorld").  I could be crazy, but I swear I do. Its not because of all the rumors that have been flying around about where he came from or what he knows... something just feels wrong about him.  And he's the new leader of our country.
Now, I suppose this shouldn't be surprising to me. Lets face it, we live in a world consumed with evil, so much that its often difficult to distinguish the truth. Right and wrong. Good and evil. Truth and falsities.  
I worry about our country, and I worry about my friends and family (hopefully not!) that buy into all of this. 

No comments: